Just a short post to make you feel good after a Canada Day long weekend that was likely full of revelry or hard work depending on what end of the tourism industry stick you are on.... This next 2 weeks we're going to see a lot of THE SUN!!!!!!!
That may not mean a lot to you if you don't live in a rain forest, but out here that's a big deal!
If you're looking for things to do in the sun out here let us help;
- 1/2 price local green fees and men's and lady's nights at Long Beach Golf Course
- Getting to the beach just got easier thank to Tofino Bus' Tofino Transit and The Beach Bus starting up for the season
- Lot's of fun events, some outdoors are coming up in the Pacific Rim Summer Festival
- Call Remote Passages, Ocean Outfitters, Subtidal Adventures or Jamie's and get on a sea kayak trip (or whale watch or whatever)
- Ucluelet and Tofino both have great skate and bike parks
- Get on a fishing charter with Canadian Princess and catch a fish for the Ucluelet Salmon Ladder Derby
- Come hang out at Jack's this weekend and watch the fisherman bring in their catch from The Tofino Saltwater Classic
- Watch the sunset!!
There are a few ideas, I'm sure you have a ton of your own...
Thanks for listening to Long Beach Radio. -Geoff
Thanks for visiting Long Beach Radio. Clicking on the orange bits above will give you more information about the station. Scroll down for weather forecasts and other useful stuff. The Blog below is intended as a compliment to our regular programming. Some of the items posted there may have been because they weren't appropriate for broadcast. (Web) Surfer discretion is advised. Thanks for listening, Geoff -Background photo courtesy Kirk Unger